Texas Family Law Attorney
At The Stanley Law Office, P.L.L.C., first and foremost, Attorney Patricia Stanley will listen to you and answer your questions. She will evaluate your specific situation and advise you of your options under Texas law. The firm’s goal is to help its clients make informed decisions – decisions that are both best for the client and the children who are potentially involved in the litigation.  After an initial consultation, if an individual decides to proceed with a Texas divorce action, Attorney Patricia Stanley can represent that individual throughout the process. Common areas that the firm will offer advice in beginning a... Read The Rest
Suit Affecting the Parent Child Relationship
These types of suits involve establishing legal rights for parents who are not married – and either parent has standing to bring such a family law case (although other facts can affect the ability and wisdom of filing such a suit, which is why it is advisable to speak with an experienced attorney). A subset of SAPCRs is parentage suits. Upon parentage being established, the SAPCR action can proceed – conservatorship, visitation, access, and child support payments will be established. If you need a Burleson SAPCR lawyer (working in both Johnson and Tarrant Counties), please contact the Stanley Law Office.  Understanding What... Read The Rest
Court-Ordered Modifications
The parent who has the right to designate the primary residence of the children, the visitation, and the other various parental rights may be changed if there is significant change in the circumstances of either of the parents or the child(ren). However, the decision of whether or not to make any changes to the order is up to the court. Significant changes in circumstances can include but are certainly not limited to, a parent engaging in bad or illegal behavior such as using drugs or committing crimes, becoming less attentive to the child in some documentable manner, becoming oppositional or the... Read The Rest
Enforcement of a Court Order
A motion for enforcement may be filed to enforce a court’s order; this can include a divorce decree or a SAPCR order (including child support, child custody or visitation orders). The person who files for an enforcement is called the Movant. The person who is served with, and allegedly violated the order, is the Respondent. The Respondent (the party against whom enforcement is sought) has a right to receive notice of the suit and must file a written answer. Texas law contains some very specific restrictions on the type of relief a party can seek from a court in attempting to enforce... Read The Rest

Patricia L. Cooke is board certified in Child Welfare Law

Request A Consultation Today!